‘Sometimes a good love song can change the world and create positive energy more than any political song can’ – Serj Tankian
Happy Valentines day everyone! To celebrate, I’ve put together a short list of my favourite romantic song lyrics that over the years have always made me go ‘n’awww’.
I’m always surprised about the negativity around valentines day, people moaning that’s it’s too commercial, you shouldn’t have to have a special day to tell someone you love them etc. But I think, with all the horrible things that do go on in the world the rest of the year, to have one day where we celebrate love and kindness can’t be a bad thing.
So whatever you’re doing today, and whoever you’re spending it with, I hope it’s a love filled one
1. Sade – By Your Side
2. Rizzle Kicks – I Love You More Than You Think
3. No Doubt – Underneath It All
4. Bon Jovi – All About Loving You
5. They Might Be Giants – Birdhouse In Your Soul
6. Jessie J – L.O.V.E
7. 50 Cent – 21 Questions
8. Backstreet Boys – Back To Your Heart
9. Bob Dylan – Make You Feel My Love
10. Matchbox 20 – I Will
If valentines day REALLY isn’t your thing, check out this list of bitter song lyrics instead